Altair MG32 Mini Guide Scope & Polar Alignment Scope
Product code: AF50STR-2HF-OTA-GPCAMMONO
32mm fully coated doublet lens, 126.56mm focal length, F3.955
You will earn 125 points with this purchase
Altair MG32 Mini Guide Scope & Polar Alignment ScopeThe Altair MG32 Mini Guide Scope is a small "set and forget" high quality optical tube, which comes with the sensitive GPCAMv2 AR0130 Mono Camera, plus the GPCAM Clamp.
It's very small, very compact, and very light - ideal for portable wide field imaging. You can mount it on just about any telescope dovetail bar with the GPCAM Clamp.
Small and accurate: This is the perfect guider for your iOptron SmartEQ PRO, SkyGuider, Star-Adventurer or other small mount. It delivers good accuracy with refractors up to 500mm aperture. Weight is about 350 grams and length is 165mm.
Perfect for polar alignment with SharpCap PRO and Altair GPCAM: If you order an Altair GPCAM with your MG32, you get a free 1 year SharpCap PRO software license with the camera, so you can polar align your telescope or camera lens with extreme accuracy out of the box in minutes. Your MG32 doesn't even need to be perfectly aligned with your optical tube. You can just point the finder scope within 5 degrees of the north or south celestial poleand the software will do the rest. This alone will revolutionise your imaging.
Zero flex, and your guide camera will stay in perfect focus forever: The camera is threaded into the optical housing, so you don't need to worry about differential flex. The finder scope front lens is rotated to focus, then the locking ring is tightened up. You are now focused forever.
Fits most existing finder scope rings: The tube diameter (white part) is 36mm enabling and 85mm long enabling it to be used with most finder scope rings. The full length is 165mm with dewshield retracted, 185mm with dewshield fully extended.
What you get in this package:
MG32 Finder/Guide Scope with GPCAM Clamp:
- Optical Tube with 32mm fully coated doublet lens, 126.56mm focal length, F3.955. Front rubber dust cap, rear threaded dust cap.
- An additional CS-Mount connector ring to attach 3rd party cameras with CS female front threads.
- A GPCAM-CLAMP with 2 outer holes 60mm centre-to-centre spacing to fit Altair and most other Losmandy plates and most telescope tube rings.
- Two M6 screws to attach the clamp to your scope or dovetail plate.
- Note: The GPCAM clamp has a centreline 1/4"-20 UNC threaded hole for tripod attachment.
Optional Guide / imaging camera: (choose in the dropdown menu).
- Altair GPCAMv2 AR0130 MONO Guide Camera with ST4 Port (Code: ALTAIRGP130M-BASIC)
- ST4 Guide Cable & USB Cable
- Free AltairCapture deepsky, planetary imaging and EAA software for Windows XP, 8, & 10 PC only.
- SPECIAL OFFER! FREE 1 YEAR SharpCap PRO License! Includes ultra-accurate polar alignment assist, deepsky CMOS exposure time optimisation assist, live stacking for EAA/Video astronomy, live darkframe and flat frame subtration. Click here for more SC PRO features. Just download the latest SharpCap, connect your camera, register when the screen pops up and sign up for your free license. Download SharpCap 3.0+ now to take advantage of this special offer. One license per user. For Windows PCs only.
- The Camera is compatible with PHD2.6 or above guiding software (native support), and with other applications through the ASCOM interface.
- NOTE: Software and drivers are not included in the box and must be downloaded from www.cameras.altairastro.com and installed before plugging in and operating the camera. This is to ensure you get the latest versions.
Optional 200mm Vixen dovetail bar: (choose in the dropdown menu).
- Includes an imperial 1/4"-20 UNC set screw for attachment to the underside of the GPCAM-CLAMP.
- Has regular hole and slots along it's length to allow mounting in various positions.
Own this product? Let us know what you think.