Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter Canon EOS Cameras
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is made from black anodized aluminum and can be inserted within seconds directly into a Canon EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional! Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the EF-S series) and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as a very effective dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the sensor during long exposure imaging.
Important: Not suitable are cameras offered before 2003 and all varieties of the Canon EOS 1D, EOS 5D and EOS M. Please visit the Astronomik EOS Clip Filter page for full fitment details.
The filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are beeing passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even unter extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
CLS: For cameras with an integrated IR-filter or for visual observation.
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, to reduce light pollution by mercury-vapour lamps (streetlight)
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, an UHC-E or UHC filter is more suitable
- Film photography: Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- CCD photography: Very good, optimized rejection of light pollution
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (original): Very good, colour balance shifted but contrast enhanced
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Very good, if light pollution is a big problem
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box