Baader Morpheus 76° Widefield 14mm Eyepiece
The New Baader Morpheus 76° Widefield 14mm EyepieceBaaders Morpheus eypieces feature a true 76° field of view immersing you in the Universe without having to roll your eyes. The big eye relief is perfect for observing with glasses and the comfortable viewing- behavior leads to a “Spacewalk-feeling” that normally is provided only by eyepieces with a much larger and inaccessible apparent field of view. Meanwhile the image in no way appears distorted or like viewing through a fishbowl. Center contrast and brilliance match those of the finest planetary eyepieces – while even with the fastest telescope optics you will enjoy tack sharp stars close to the outer edge of the field.
Baader have put as much effort into the workmanship as into the optical design. Phantom Coating® Group, rare-earth glasses, sealed watertight housings and blackened lens edges are a given. Practical design is the prime goal: i.e. minimum metal to keep weight at bay, optimized for bino-viewing, photo- video thread – and the all-new 1¼" and 2" “safety-kerfs” to guard against slipping (no undercut). In the night you will love the quick draw eyepiece holster and the photo-luminescent engraving.
Baader Morpeus Optical Features
- Full field sharpness: The sharp flat 76° field is unsurpassed by any other modern wide field eyepiece. On-axis sharpness and contrast rivals our best planetary eyepieces, while delivering nearly equivalent performance over the full field.
- Long Eye Relief and optimized for bino-viewing:Morpheus pushes the envelope of comfortable wide field viewing further than ever before, delivering close to 20mm of eye relief
- Low Distortion: The Morpheus optical design delivers exceedingly low distortion (angular magnification distortion)
- Photo-Video Adaption: Like their Hyperion siblings, all Morpheus eyepieces make superb imaging projection optics with the M43 thread
- Metal / Rubber eyecup: The folding rubber eyecup now comes with an integral M43 threaded metal ring (this accounts for the complete line of Morpheus-eyepieces). The threaded attachment enables the eyecup to stay soft and compliant, while keeping the eyecup securely attached to the eyepiece while folding it up or down.
- M43/M43 extension: all Morpheus eyepieces now include the M43 extension #2954250. It is used for optimizing the position of the eyecup in setting the personal viewing position as well as for adapting a camera with M43-thread (eg. Sony / Panasonic). In addition this extension serves also as clamping surface for smartphone holders
- 10-page manual: a manual with many application examples and a list of optional accessories (similar to the Hyperion manual) is included (also under Tab "Downloads")
- Focal-Length Indicator-Clips: these stainless steel clips can be attached e.g. to the eyepiece holster and one or more of the little indicator fingers is bent upward - according to the focal length used. In this way the user experiences a taktile ("braille"-equivalent) sensation, being able to identify each eyepiece without looking and without using a flashlight
Own this product? Let us know what you think.