Celestron CPC 925 GPS (XLT) Telescope
This feature packed model comes standard with Celestron's renowned StarBright multi-coatings. The CPC 925 GPS is compatible with the complete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
What makes the CPC 925 GPS great for astrophotography?
- Longer focal length primary and lower magnification secondary— Contributes to a flatter focal plane with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
- Baffle design —Optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your film plane.
- Hand Figured Optics — Just like all other Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, the CPC 925 GPS optics are individually matched and hand figured to ensure the highest optical quality in every telescope.
- Focus mechanism — At the heart of Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
- Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms —For maximum rigidity.
- Unique roller bearing design bearing and shaft —The telescope base rotates around a wide 9.5” track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
- Autoguider port — For interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging or astrophotography.
- StarBright coatings — High quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the film plane.
- 9.25" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
- NexRemote telescope control software and rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
OPTICAL DESIGN: Schmidt-Cassegrain
APERTURE: 235 mm (9.25 in)
FOCAL LENGTH: 2350 mm (92.52 in)
FOCAL RATIO: 10
FINDERSCOPE: 50 Finderscope w/ quick release bracket
MOUNT: Dual Fork Arm
OPTICAL TUBE: Aluminum
EYEPIECE 1: 40 mm (1.57 in)
MAGNIFICATION 1: 58.75 x
STAR DIAGONAL: 1.25
ACCESSORY TRAY: Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder
TRIPOD: Heavy Duty Steel Adjustable
CD ROM: NexRemote control software w/RS232 cable
POWER SUPPLY: Car battery adapter
HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION: 555 x
LOWEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION: 3 x
LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE: 14.4
RESOLUTION: 0.59 arc seconds
RESOLVING POWER: 0.49 arc seconds
PHOTOGRAPHIC RESOLUTION: 200 line/mm
LIGHT GATHERING POWER: 1127 x
ANGULAR FIELD OF VIEW: 0.7 °
LINEAR FIELD OF VIEW (@1000 YDS): 38 ft (11.58 m)
OPTICAL COATINGS: Starbright XLT Coating
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION: 3.35 in (85.09 mm)
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY AREA: 13 %
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY DIAMETER: 36.2 %
TELESCOPE WEIGHT: 58 lb (26.31 kg)
TRIPOD AND MOUNT WEIGHT: 19 lb (8.62 kg)
MOTOR DRIVE: DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
MOTOR RESOLUTION: 0.1406 arc seconds
COMPUTER HAND CONTROL: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
TRACKING RATES: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
TRACKING MODES: Altazimuth, EQ North & EQ South
ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES: SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align
SOFTWARE PRECISION: 24bit, 0.08 calculations
PERIODIC ERROR CORRECTION: Permanently Programable
FORK ARM: Dual fork arm, cast Aluminum w/ detachable HC cradle
GEAR: 5.625 hard anodized gear in both axes, 180 tooth
BEARINGS: 9.8 azimuth bearing
COMMUNICATION PORTS: RS-232 counication port on hand control
MOTOR PORTS: Aux Port, Autoguide Ports
DATABASE: 40,000+ objects, 400 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 12VDC 1.5A
POWER REQUIREMENTS - IDLE CURRENT: 340 mA
POWER REQUIREMENTS - SLEW ONE AXIS: 640 mA
POWER REQUIREMENTS - SLEW BOTH AXES: 900 mA
CORD MANAGEMENT: Cord Wrap Software
GPS: Internal 16 channel