Celestron SkyPortal WiFi Module
Get WiFi Access to the Universe with SkyPortal Module
Celestron's updated SkyPortal Wi-Fi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory!
Simply plug the Wi-Fi module into your telescope’s Hand Control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand controller for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap.
As SkyPortal slews your telescope to an object, you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects.
Activate the Sky Tour feature and SkyPortal will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and date—SkyPortal takes this information directly from your device.
SkyPortal makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill levels, from kids to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the universe with SkyPortal WIFI module.
SkyPortal, Powered by Celestron SkyPortal
Celestron’s latest version of the SkyPortal Wi-Fi Module works with our brand new planetarium app, SkyPortal. Available free on the Apple App Store and Google Play, SkyPortal is your key to the universe—with or without SkyQ Link 2.
Developed in collaboration with the experts at SkySafari, SkyPortal offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000 celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up your telescope, viewing lunar transits and other notable events up to 100 years into the future.
SkyPortal is compatible with the following Celestron mounts:
CG-5 (requires CG-5 Aux splitter cable)
CPC / CPC DX
Nexstar GT (with Aux Splitter)
SkyProdigy (no automatic alignment)
- Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet and Celestron’s free SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices.
- Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- Explore 100,000+ objects in SkyPortal’s database. While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Open Star Cluster, and more.
- Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location.
- Wi-Fi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. Unit does not require batteries or external power.
Works a treat
Ideally Celestron should build this tech into their GOTO mounts.
I have not had any connectivity issues using it with my Scope.
So cant fault it"