LACERTA M-GEN v2 Stand-Alone Guider
The LACERTA M-GEN v2 Stand-Alone Guider is a fully functioning, reliable and high sensitivity precision autoguider that will guide your telescope without a PC or laptop.
The Lacerta MGEN is so sensitive and precise that it will give you 0.38" guiding precision even with a simple 50mm (9x50) finderscope converted into a guidescope.
This precision is good enough for even the biggest (longest focal length) amateur telescopes available on the market today.
FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND!
This device consists of two parts:1. an AUTOGUIDER CAMERA (CCD chip size: 752x852 pixels, 3.6 x 2.7 mm, Type-E SONY ICX279AL, pixel size approximately 4.7 micron) with a standard T2 thread for attaching to a guider telescope or an off-axis guider and
2. a CONTROLLER with buttons and display (128x64 pixels). The display shows the live image of the camera. The stars appearing on the screen vary in size. The bigger the star appears the better for guiding. After selecting the guide star the following parameters can be adjusted:
- Refresh rate and shutter speed (independently adjustable between 0.1 and 4 sec manually or automatically)
- Correction speed (for both axes independently adjustable to avoid possible resonances)
- Tolerance (default 0.5 pixels, but its interpolated value can be as small as 0.1 pixels, and up to 127 pixels)
- Auto-calibration (it can be chosen that the RA/Dec-Axis to be parallel with the rows of pixels on the AG-chip or to be at a certain angle)
- On release socket (EOS-compatible timer) provides you the number, time and pause time of the exposures, and the waiting period after the camera mirror lockup.
- Measurement mode (turn off the correction) for the detection of the periodic error
- Various statistics (Seeing measurements, inspection of play of the mount, etc.)
There are 4 LEDs (which correspond to the 4 ways) on the control box that will blink if the Autoguider makes a correction of the tracking.
It’s a NEW and long awaited function that the Autoguider can provide a parallel shift command (dithering); the axes in both directions are independently executable, and it’s especially useful function for shooting series.With this function the Autoguider moves the mount a few pixels between each image, so that dark noise will not accumulate in the stacked images, thus saving enormous amount of time and effort when processing images.The camera works very fast, because during the tracking it is only the area of the chip around the image of the guide star that being read and processed.
The M-GEN LACERTA stand-alone Guider is very sensitive. With a 90mm f/10 guider telescope, with 1 sec refresh rate it can guide on a 10-magnitude star safely. In practice, we have succeeded with the same guider telescope with an integration time of 4 sec to a 12-magnitude guider star.
- GEN Autoguider Camera
- MGEN Control Unit
- All necessary cables (three cables)
Downloads (Last updated on 20 Sep 2013):
MGEN Quick Start Guide
Firmware Update v 2.21 (Compressed into ZIP. Right click and choose Save As!)
Click on the image to see it in higher resolution:
Lacerta MGEN AutoGuider in use on above picture. FUF-543 Adapter, Skywatcher 9x50 Finderscope, Lacerta Microfocus and 200/1000 Newtonian Reflector are available separately.
Below: M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy by Tommy Nawratil; for full resolution, full details and technical card, click on the image!
Telescope used: Lacerta Photo Newton
Camera used: ZWO ASI1600MM-COOLED
Guiding camera used: Lacerta MGEN