Pulsar Axion Key XM30 Thermal Imaging Monocular
Product code: PUL-77425
You will earn 1265 points with this purchase
Pulsar Axion Key XM30 Thermal Imaging MonocularThe Pulsar Axion Key XM30 is an ultra-compact, lightweight, handheld thermal imaging monocular, with a detection range of up to 1300m and native magnification of 2.5x with optimal 4x digital zoom.
The Pulsar Axion Key XM30 has many new and important features, first and foremost is its sensor. The Axion Thermal Imaging Monocular uses a new 320x240 thermal sensor with a 12µm pixel pitch, which also helps to reduce overall unit size.
This reduction in pixel pitch will result in images having smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and offer a greater ability to recognise and identify objects over an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
The Axion Key XM30 is perfectly suited to outdoor conditions, with a robust magnesium bodyshell, an IPX7 protection rating (fully waterproof), 960x720 LCOS HD micro-display and can perform in both hot & freezing temperatures.
The Axion comes equipped with its own internal stadiametric rangefinder, which helps aid observers in estimating target distances with the height of known objects. Additionally, Axion units have up to eight colour palettes to help enhance observation in varying conditions.
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode, upon activation, displays a second image with magnification in the top part of the Axion’s display screen. This small image helps to zoom in on a target while retaining the rest of the field of view, maximising situational awareness.
The Axion has an instant start-up and an instant ‘display-off’ mode, which helps to save energy and prolong the operation time of the unit and its dedicated B-Pack Mini Power System. The APS Battery Pack system offers an ultra-lightweight, quick-change power option that provides up to 4 hours of operating time to Axion units. APS Battery Packs can be charged by USB through its intended unit or an APS Battery Charger (Which fits two APS Battery Packs).
Axion Key XM30 Specifications
- Magnification: 2.5x to 10.0x (4x Digital Zoom)
- Horizontal Field of View: 7.8°x5.9°
- Detection Range: 1300m
- Thermal Sensor: 320x240 12µm
- Operating Temperatures: -10°C to +50°C
In brief the Axion Series Features:
- Long detection range
- Exceptional image quality via a 320x240 12µm thermal sensor
- Built-In Video recorder & still image capture
- Up to four hours of battery power
- Utilises a new quick-change battery (APS 3)
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- LCOS 960x720 display for key models
- Ultra-Compact size
- Robust & lightweight magnesium alloy bodyshell
- Multiple colour palettes
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Includes ¼" Tripod Mount
High resolution 320x240
- The Axion Series is fitted with an uncooled micro-bolometric matrix - 320x240px with 12µm pixel pitch – that provides highly detailed images.
- Axion models have up to 4x digital zoom, resulting in high total magnifications.
High image frequency
- At a high refresh rate of 50Hz, the Axion Series provides comfortable viewing throughout dynamic, rapid motion.
Quick-change B-Pack mini power units
- All Axion's include a progressive autonomous B-Pack Mini Power Supply consisting of a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3, battery pack designed to deliver up to 4 hours of operation.
- Based on the estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle makes determining distances fast, easy, reliable and repeatable.
- IPX7 waterproof-rated protection ensures the Axion performs perfectly in wet weather, even during intense rain, snowfall and submersion in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. (IEC 60529).
Wide range of operating temperatures
- With a frost-resistant AMOLED display, the Axion thermal imaging scope is designed to deliver flawless performance at an extreme temperature range of -25°C to +50°C (for non-key models) and -10°C to +50°C (for key models).
- The Axion is designed with ease-of-operation in mind. User feedback has resulted in the most user friendly interface to date, complete with an easy-to-read, icon-driven, alpha-numeric status bar at the bottom of the display. Internal menu items and options are also displayed on a contrasting gradient substrate so you can keep an eye on settings without losing sight of your objective.
Own this product? Let us know what you think.