Sky-Watcher Explorer 130P (EQ-2)
Sky-Watcher EXPLORER 130P Telescope
130mm (5.1") f/650 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescope
Sky-Watcher Explorer 130 Telescopes are a good value starter scopes featuring a basic equatorial mount. They offer a good introduction to the world of Astronomy and are capable of showing budding stargazers their first views of planets such as Jupiter and Saturn, and brighter deep sky objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy and the Nebula in the Constellation of Orion.
This 'P' version of the popular Sky-Watcher Explorer 130 range of starter telescopes features an upgraded parabolic mirror verses the standard versions. In addition it also has a shorter focal length resulting in brighter views of fainter objects such as distant galaxies and nebulae.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x26 & x65
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x260
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 130mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 650mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- Red Dot Finder
- EQ2 Equatorial Mount
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 30% more Light Gathering than 114mm
"I was most impressed by the views revealed by the ‘scope during tests…Despite a phase of nearly 96 percent, the waxing gibbous Moon revealed a seemingly inexhaustible amount of fine detail... Highly recommended!"
Astronomy Now Magazine
"The quality of the star images cannot be faulted, and a higher magnification of Mars showed surface detail well"
Sir Patrick Moore 1923 to 2012
Endorsed and recommended by
Sir Patrick Moore CBE FRS