Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PL OTA
Sky-Watcher Explorer-150PL OTA
This version of the hugely popular Explorer 150P has a longer tube and focal length to achieve greater magnification and contrast. This is very useful for planetary and lunar viewing.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x48, x96, x120 & x240
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/8)
- 1.25-inch R&P focuser
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- X2 Deluxe Barlow Lens 1.25" (with Camera Adaptor)
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
"Many contemporary observers severely underestimate what a quality telescope of this size is capable of revealing.
The fit and finish of the Explorer-150PL is typical of Sky-Watchers contemporary products - in other words, extremely good for the money. The rigid yet lightweight rolled steel tube has an unobtrusive seam and the gorgeous slightly metallic sky blue paint finish contrasts nicely with the rounded black tube end castings.
M13, the great Hercules globular cluster, was a magnificent sight despite urban light pollution with resolved components across the core with innumerable peripheral stars. Verdict: a reborn classic that I can't recommend highly enough for the price.."
Skywatcher Explorer 150PL review - Ade Ashford