Sky-Watcher Explorer-190MN DS-PRO NEQ6
190mm (7.5”) f/1000 maksutov-newtonian ota (WITH dual-speed focuser)
The exciting new Maksutov-Newtonian from Sky-Watcher is just what astrophotographers and serious visual observers have been looking for. The Maksutov-Newtonian design combines the best features from the Newtonian Reflector and the Maksutov-Cassegrain to create a telescope design that provides truly stunning image quality, providing high-contrast, perfectly flat images, free from false colour. The Maksutov-Newtonian design provides large aperture Apochromatic performance, with exceptional field correction, in a compact, amazingly affordable package. Stars appear as classic pinpoints across the entire field. Perfectly optimised for modern DSLR cameras. The premium optics are housed in a robust rolled-steel tube for excellent mechanical integrity. Five internal knife-edge baffles are included to eliminate internal reflections and further enhance contrast. The Primary Mirror is made of low thermal expansion Pyrex® glass for a significantly reduced cool-down time.
Compared to a similarly sized Schmidt-Newtonian, the Maksutov-Newtonian yields a sharper and more contrasty image. Naturally, the Maksutov-Newtonian is an excellent visual performer too!!
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x570
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 190mm
- Diameter of Secondary Mirror/Central Obstruction: 50mm/26%
- Telescope Focal Length: 1000mm (f/5.26)
- 9x50 Right-Angled Finderscope
- Supplied without Eyepieces
"In terms of build quality, the OTA itself is beautifully constructed. It’s predominantly black sparkling livery oozes quality"..."Straight out of the box, the reputation of the Maksutov design for holding collimation and delivering incredible levels of contrast and clarity was evident. No tweaking was needed at all, and there were pin sharp stars all the way out to the edge of the field. It really is like having a 190mm triplet apochromat in your hands, but for a fraction of the cost"..."Achieving greater than the quoted 500x was absolutely possible"..."With a 5x Powermate bringing the focal length up to about f/28 the image was nothing short of stunning at both the eyepiece and on the camera, close to matching the best I had seen from my C11"..."The field of view works incredibly well with larger format CCD or DSLR cameras in particular"..."The optics on this telescope are truly first class"..."One only has to look at some of the remarkable images taken by 190MN users to realise you can paint a real masterpiece"
Astronomy Now Magazine
Click here to view an image of the Helix Nebula taken using the Explorer-190MN
Image courtesy of Mr Wolfgang Ransburg, Germany
Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO SynScan GOTO Equatorial mount
For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the NEQ6 PRO SynScanTM is your answer. The Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO SynScanTM is designed with the novice user in mind. With the user-friendly pushbutton hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park. The hand control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,000 + objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The NEQ6 SynScanTM also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO SynScan GOTO Equatorial mount Specifications
- Power Supply Required: 12 VDC 2Amp Tip positive (not supplied)
- Motor Type: Micro step driven 1.8° stepper motors
- Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew Speeds: 2X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 64X, 400X, 500X, 600X, 800X Gear Ratio: 705
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Modes: Dual Axis, R.A. Tracking
- Alignment Methods: One-star Alignment, Two-star Alignment, Three-star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues. Total 42,000 + objects.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Telescope Mounting: Tube Rings
- Slow-motion Control: R.A. & Dec (motor controlled)
- Tripod: 2" Diameter Stainless Steel Pipe
- Tripod Height: 85-147cm
- Tripod Weight: 7.5Kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Daimeter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount Weight: 16Kgs
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Counterweight: Two, 5.1Kgs each
- Counterweight Extension Bar
- Supplied with Sky-Watcher 45mm and 75mm dovetail saddle plates
- Total Weight: 23.5Kgs (counterweight not included)
"Best for heavy scopes"....
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
"I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively"
Astronomy Now Magazine