Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS EQ5 Telescope
The Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS Parabolic Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror set as the Explorer-200P Black Diamond Series, but with two significant advantages. A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision. Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography. Combined with the sturdy EQ5 mount and tripod this complete telescope package excels in astro imaging and visual applications.
The very sturdy EQ5 Equatorial mount provides excellent precision and stability and a host of other useful features for the serious astronomer. The mount rests firmly on a large, adjustable stainless steel pipe tripod with accessory tray. Supplied complete with a bubble level, latitude adjuster with micrometer scale and an azimuth polar-alignment adjuster. It also features engraved aluminium setting circles and manual slow motion tracking controls.
The EQ5 mount is the ideal platform with it's high weight capacity and stability but it can also be upgraded easily from the standard version. Motor drives for tracking and centering objects precisely can be added as well as the very popular SynScan goto upgrade kit for fully computerised object location and tracking.
Includes 9x50 finder, 28mm 2" Eyepiece, Dual speed focuser and mount & tripod
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x36
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied 28mm LET (2"/50.8mm)
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- EQ5 Equatorial Mount with 1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod
- 77% more Light-Gathering than 150mm