Sky-Watcher Skyliner 250P Classic Dobsonian Telescope
Product code: 10668
You will earn 450 points with this purchase
Sky-Watcher Skyliner 250P Classic Dobsonian TelescopeSKY-WATCHER SKYLINER-250P CLASSIC (Previously named Skyliner 250PX)
254MM (10") F/1200 PARABOLIC DOBSONIAN TELESCOPE
Due to its simple and easy to use design this Sky-Watcher Dobsonian telescope offers exceptional value for money.
Dobsonian telescopes offer an incredible aperture-to-price ratio. The Dobsonian mount, popularized by John Dobson in the 1970.s, is a simple and efficient method of mounting a Newtonian reflector, based on the Alt-Azimuth principal. Fast and easy to set up, the Dobsonian mount consists of a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and use frictional materials which allow it to be moved easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls. Sky-Watcher Dobsonians provide excellent all round performance for the observation the Moon and Planets and Deep Sky Objects such as Galaxies and Nebulae.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x508
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 254mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/5)
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror (Pyrex Glass)
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray
- 56% more Light Gathering than 200mm
Own this product? Let us know what you think.